Baby steps...

posted on: Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Yea, so we went to see One Direction. Think 7 hours in the car and 90,000 screaming girls. It was an interesting evening. But they were so good and because she loves them, I love them. I am harbouring a 40 year old crush on Harry. I know it's really inappropriate. But it was kinda exciting when he sang and fireworks went off and streamers flew out in time with the music. I heart concerts; they make you feel alive. I just need to go to one where the average age is not 14.


I ran 7K this morning. I normally run 5K and quit because that is just my distance. It takes half an hour and then I am done. Today I kept on running and actually, though I ache now, that extra distance felt good.

We did yoga outside on Monday, at my friend's beautiful boat-side house, overlooking the still, calm water. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to live where I live.

I am planning a beach summer. Boo is booked in for surf tuition and if the weather is good I want to spend as much time as possible by the sea.

Allegedly the builders are to return to our house tomorrow after a month's hiatus. The sludge green pond outside my kitchen window has not abated but I am told they are going to sort it. One step closer.

Meanwhile the 'what am I doing with my life?' sensibility has watered down to: 'what shall I do with my day?' Baby steps. I am wondering whether actually what I need is a new challenge but suspect that getting a job is not what I am looking for right now. I have observed many friends take up physical training for marathons or triathlons or 100 mile walks and I wonder if that is it? I feel like I could try to get really, really healthy and fit and see what happens. I have dabbled with this before but never truly, properly embraced it. I have the time. I could so do it...

And finally, I am pondering whether I am too old for ripped cut-offs?



6 comments:

  1. You can SO wear ripped cut-offs.....with your legs, I say live in them all summer long!!

    LOVE that you went to the 1D concert, you're a great Mum....can't imagine what it was like with all the screaming though!!

    And well done on the running, that must have felt great.

    Building work....hope things start moving & improving....we haven't even started yet, am trying not to think about it, ugh! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The One Direction concert actually sounds like a lot of fun, and it's something your daughter will always remember. Very cool.

    Since I ran (jogged slowly) that 5K last month, I've actually been going out a couple times a week! What? Me? I know! I've mostly been doing 2.5 miles (4K), but I read this post earlier this morning and so I did the full 3.1 (5K) and feel good about myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Absolutely on the ripped cut-offs! If you've got the legs, why not show them off?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the last year of my thirties and I declared that I was going to enter my forties fitter then ever and this was going to be the summer that I wore short shorts... With hours spent at the gym I was on target to meet my goal. Short shorts here I come. I then had a very happy surprise... I'm now 20 weeks pregnant!!! So, it seems you are never too old for anything!!! Swollen veins in my legs mean I won't be rocking those short shorts this summer though! Get the shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. get the shorts and do the marathon. Enjoy your summer of training. I found it gave me direction and a training plan to tick off every week. Good if you like to plan and achieve. It also calmed my mind. Love the shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you went to the concert with your daughter - it is something she will remember forever! And I'm a firm believer in making memories - which has another benefit...when she's older, she'll still want to hang out with you because she knows you are willing to have fun with her. At least, that's how it's worked out for me and my son.

    Go for the shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only imagine how crazy that concert was. You're a brave woman.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails