Off to the big city...

posted on: Friday, 2 November 2012

Hello! The half term marathon draws to a close, but with a no-kids weekend in London! We are off this afternoon with friends who have a place in South Kensington, so we have two days of living the high life, pretending we are city folk! For me this consists of breakfast, lunch and supper out - interspersed by coffees and people watching. Hopefully resembling Olivia P (in my dreams!) Such a rarity for me; not my usual country day.


I don't realise how much I am 'in' my life til I prepare to step out of it for a while. I figure that's a good thing; that it means I am at one with where I am.


I am always struck when visiting London how vibrant it is; how much goes on there that is unseen to me, in my rural idyll. It's lovely to be able to just drop in, an hour up the road, and experience it, then come home again.

Have a great weekend!!!

8 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to be able to head to London with so very little notice...i'd love to do that, esp at this time of year.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful little escape! Enjoy every second of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a brilliant time Lou, make the most of your time away and live the London high life. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo sounds just fabulous Loo, enjoy .. you lucky girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds so wonderful! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy, dear Lou!
    London is such a beautiful city! Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful fun time

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails