Enlightenment...

posted on: Thursday, 11 October 2012

My ability to do nothing is gathering a pace. I am making an art form of pottering. Countless cups of coffee at various friend's kitchen tables have become my mainstay. I visit the beach every other day; it never, ever fails to lift my spirits, even if they weren't low in the first place.

My time off work, the purpose of which was family-focused, has turned me-focused. It sounds cliched, but I am discovering all sorts of things about how I want to live, what I want to spend my time doing, where I want to be, simply from having time off. I can't tell whether the sweetness of it is the fact that it's temporary; I know I will go back to the corporate world, but in the meantime there is time.


For all of this self enlightenment, there are still little worries. I wouldn't be me unless there were worries. This time on my hands means I fret about the children and numerous other things that wouldn't historically have got a look-in! I work hard to control the fretting as after all, life is too short isn't it?!

6 comments:

  1. So glad that you are getting lots of me time. Remember not to fret over things you have no control over ~ it is something I have learned along the way and I think I am better for it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm walking on the beach sounds just fab Lou (and coffee with friends :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think having time to think about yourself is wonderful and if that wasn't what the time was really for. I am a firm believer in that you must be happy with yourself and fulfilled in order for you to be of use to the rest of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The world is fast paced. Enjoying every breath and every step of life is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a lovely weekend, Lou.
    It sounds like you are doing just the right thing for you at the moment.
    The poster seems to sum it up!
    liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jimmy Choo Shoes all 30% discount

    jimmy choo wedding shoes
    Jimmy Choo Boots
    jimmy choo Sandals Champagne
    jimmy choo heels
    Jimmy Choo Flats
    Welcome to our [a href="http://www.uubc.net/"]Jimmy Choo America[/a] Store Online.
    Jimmy Choo Bridal Shoes

    Roger Vierer Shoes all 30% discount
    Welcome to our [url href="http://www.rogervivier-flats.net"]Roger Vivier America [/url]Store Online.
    2012 Roger Vivier
    Roger Vivier flats
    Roger Vivier Pumps

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails