Blues...

posted on: Sunday, 26 August 2012

And so we have returned...I woke and found the resolutions I made whilst considering these beautiful views seem to be weakening already! Well, I am sure it is just post-holiday blues and that once I get into the rigmarole of life, again I will get my beach-inspired strength back.

The blue of that ocean; I could look at it all day and whilst my family and companions grew weary of the beach, I didn't, again resolving that one day, some time in the future, I will live with it in my sight every day. Know of any beach houses, being sold for a steal, needing renovation...with a view like this?!!

Holidays have a unique way of challenging all of the perspectives that I carry around on a day to day basis. It is as if every thing is annually thrown on its head and I return to find that my old habits are not as set as I had thought. There is always room for change. I have a different chapter starting in September - back to school; fresh starts. I have taken a period of time off from my corporate work; a few months sabbatical in which to concentrate on the minutiae and be wholly present as these changes in our lives unfold. I am expecting that it will present a further fresh view for me. I regard this time off as a chance to stay conciously healthy, pare-back, refine things, stick to a tight budget. I envisage some weeks of bedding these changes in, this blog being my place to record my thoughts...I hope that's OK. You don't mind, do you?

...Portuguese family shell-hunts...

...some of the cabanas had shells tied on; the ultimate haphazard beach chic...

...Atlantic wave...

...dune love...

...big blue...

...deserted, leaving only our footprints...

...I am missing my view...

14 comments:

  1. Welcome back! So funny that this is a beach post. I just did a beach post for you the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too miss beach and ocean and already we've been back from Florida a week. A house at the coast is my dream one day. To step out the house and walk along the shore, whatever the weather, or watch the weather rolling in from a big window. Wonderful. Good luck with the changes coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with all your changes Lou. I have no doubts that you will achieve everything you set your heart on doing. You are more inspirational than you realize x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos, I felt like I was on vacation too . . . relaxing in the "blues."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lou

    I understand exactly what you' re feeling because I do miss 'my ocean' , with the big waves and the dunes.... I am so happy that you like my home country as much as you do and would love to meet you in Portugal one day. Who knows? Thank you for the beautiful pictures. Love the expression ' post-holiday blues. Take care. Warm hug, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree there is something so therapeutic about the ocean so calming. I feel I recognise something in your post you are taking time out to decide if you wish to be at home and give up the corporate world. Maybe I am wrong but I did the same thing no regrets. What I will say is happy mum, means happy kids , happy husband. Good luck kind thoughts Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  7. Returned and restored. Ready for the next stage of your journey. You go for it Lou, I think you will find that your fellow blog readers/followers already know that you have what it takes.

    Welcome back. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Lou,

    When I started to see the photos I immediately knew it was Portugal, my home country!
    I felt so happy to read your comments.

    Warm embrace from a portuguese who loves your blog

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back, Lou :) So glad you had a lovely holiday. I always find that time away is so wonderful for gaining clarity on things and coming up with ideas, but that being said, I also find the implementation when back in my "real" life a little difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy you are back, the ocean a dream for me,
    love Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMAZING POST:)
    Your blog is so wonderful and Im following...I hope you follow me also:)

    If you like cute pillows...check out my new post:)

    Have a great week dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome home from your trip...it sounds as though you had a wonderfully therapeutic time.. it's good to step of the treadmill and take stock, a rare chance to stop and think about the things we love and gets new goals and visions in mind...I have no doubt that you'll find your place by the sea when the right time comes:-)
    Lovely post, thanks for sharing...Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome home Lou ~ love all those shots ~ what a view ~ I can see why you miss it. Can't wait to hear your thoughts in the upcoming months. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. DIVINE POST:)
    Your blog is so wonderful and Im following...I hope you follow me also:)

    If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration...check out my new post:)

    Have a great weekend dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails