Things of beauty...

posted on: Friday, 15 June 2012

What a week! I feel I write that a lot but this one was something else. What with the flooding, my two jobs and then waking up with the sorest of throats, my annual dose of tonsillitis; I am taking to my bed this weekend. I always think that is a sign of motherhood that the prospect of lying in bed when ill is actually appealing!! It's only after having children and having all of those things that just must be done, well or sick, that makes me see this distinction. In our house the show must go on and that means me, out of bed and functioning! I am planning to watch a box set and no one can stop me. Doctors orders...

The to and fro of our fledgling business has been evident this week. It's amazing, there are so many future possibilities, but simultaneously the need to focus and stay true to the starting point. It's taking all of my self-control and tenacity to keep on the track we have set ourselves for L'Apothecary; step by step we will get there.

Meanwhile I have realised that there is only a month left of school before the summer holidays. What summer? Where did summer go? I am literally yearning to be away somewhere hot; it's occupying my thoughts. I want sandy toes and heat on my skin and not to have a care in the world...honestly, I need the down time. You'd think after everything that happened last year that I would be able to spot when things were mounting up; it would appear not! Old dog, new tricks? I will give it some thought during that TV marathon I have planned this weekend ;-)


via dust jacket attic

via crush cul de sac



via dust jacket attic




shell sailboats...via crush cul de sac






...vintage beauty...photograph by jo tyler
...like this outfit...via cape cod collegiate





Have a lovely weekend friends, and thank you for your comments and care...



12 comments:

  1. Hi sweet! Urgh, you are sick as well?? I hope you get better soon and enjoy that box set! It's funny, D and I were both lying in bed this morning (he had a killer headache) and I was saying good grief, can you imagine if we had kids and there was no choice but to get up and do everything that needs to be done instead of just wallowing in our respective miseries for awhile?? and then here you are, all superwoman :) Rest up and get well. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, sick ... well you enjoy that boxed set and I hope a hot and sandy beach awaits you ... Soon!
    hugs Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Given that flood, you have ESPECIALLY earned that tv marathon. I think I may join you! Across the miles, of course. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon! Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get better soon
    Your blog is so special,
    hugs,
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Lou

    Relax during the weekend, get enough sleep and get well soon. Sending you a sunhshine hug, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear that you've been sick. I hope you feel better soon.

    I've been asking myself that 'what summer' question as well but today I told myself to stop complaining about the weather and focus on more positive things. And that is exactly what I did.

    Your weekend plans sound just perfect, I hope it turns out to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Lou,
    So sorry to hear that you are poorly ..... make sure that you stay in bed and thoroughly recuperate......Dr. Jackie's orders !!!! I am very lucky that the weather doesn't affect my demeanour but, many of my friends are becoming quite depressed with the constant rain..... and I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced flooding. I cannot imagine what that's like and hope that I never shall. Here's hoping that July and August will be warm and sunny.
    So sorry for my absence ..... my computer finally gave up on me and I am now getting to grips with my new MacBook Pro !!
    Have a restful weekend and I hope that you are back to your old self on Monday morning. Much love. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe this is the first time I'm finding your blog! It's gorgeous and I'm your newest follower! I hope you feel better and can't wait to read more. Please come visit and hopefully we'll be friends!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear you regarding summer - are you going anywhere warm at all this summer? Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get well soon Lou. Clearly your holidays are calling you. I am moving back to the UK after 12 years in Spain. I am so excited, but the ONE thing I am a little worried about is the weather. Will it effect me as much as I think it will? I can't remember if it did when I lived in the UK. Only time will tell. Hope you have somewhere nice and warm planned this summer xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are absolutely picture perfect summer outfits. I love the back of that dress

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails