Time to dwell...

posted on: Thursday, 19 April 2012

This week has been a whirl. I am on holiday from my corporate job, but the rest of my busy little life is positively cancelling out any relaxation time! That's not a bad thing, as right now is a time of opportunity and change. I am embracing it. But it does not come without its moments of worry. I am trying to keep an even keel on this new business boat. Sometimes the boat leans over and I wonder if I will stay afloat, but then I regain balance and it's all better. A haze of website design and product reviews and logistical planning. So far, so good. In every decision I come back to this quote; it has become the prevailing direction in my design compass:


I am in week three of school holidays and my children have been delighting me; but that's not to say that I am not looking forward to some head space when they return the middle of next week. My son turned seven this week and we spent the most glorious family day at the beach. One of those perfect sunny April days that provides the promise of summer. Blue skies and what the kids call 'Toy Story' clouds as we snuggled in a sandy nook, amongst the dunes. It remains my favourite ever place to be.

...the puppy and us...

...dune dwelling...

...beach jumping...
This bubble of time we are enjoying will change soon as my husband (fingers crossed) will start a new job in the near future. Needs must, but this time off has profoundly changed the way we feel about family life and what is important. I need to somehow bottle the freedom and impetus of this image above to remind him, when he gets immersed again in the corporate machine, that we are here waiting for him... :-)

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, you have a wonderful focus on what is important in life Lou.

    Gorgeous photos :)

    Am so excited about your new project!! XF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you can't wait to have a little space! Best wishes to your husband on his new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are perfect Lou ~ and yes you need to find a way to bottle up these times so you can pull them out when you all need them. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome pics...looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how that quote resonates! Wonderful pictures, I am sure that the recent change in dynamics with your husband being at home, will have been an investment for the future. What do they say about there always being a silver lining!

    Have a wonderful weekend. SO looking forward to you introducing your project to us.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - AMAZING pictures. The beach looks stunning and your sentiment is perfect. Fingers crossed for your husbands new job. Happy weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post and the pictures are perfect. Focusing on all the good stuff. Jealous that you're so close to the beach - can't wait to get a little beach fix of my own next week. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post and pictures, dear Lou.
    The dunes bring back strong childhood memories. I do miss the Atlantic Ocean! To run to the dunes was one of the things I loved when I went to the beach in the northern part of Portugal!
    Have a great week ahead, M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love the pictures..especially the beach jumping one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails