Serendipity...

posted on: Monday, 26 March 2012

It seems lucky to me that I met the boy next door. When riding my bike past the house that had welcomed that new family in 1981, little did I know how he would come to mean everything to me.

Lucky that I had my gorgeous girl. She is the the apple of my eye; the best version of myself.

Lucky that my boy is my truest love; so uncomplicated and pure.

via aubin and wills
Lucky that I took the time off to work things out.

Lucky that we chose to view this house when a friend suggested it. It's been a dream, surrounded by space and fields.

Lucky that on that whimsical January day, home alone, I pressed 'publish' on my first ever blog post. Who knew it could have brought me so much?

via aubin and wills

Lucky that I quit publishing, age 23, in favour of the corporate dollar. I've spent fifteen years learning a profession with a multinational corporate. I learnt more than I could ever have hoped for.

Lucky that someone mentioned to me that I now need to do something more creative with my life; I listened.

Lucky that even when it seems cheeky to ask the question; sometimes the answer is 'yes'.

Lucky that he lost his job. It's been life-changing in a good way.

...all images from aubin and wills...

15 comments:

  1. I am loving this new positive Lou, I really am :) :)

    Serendipity indeed :)

    Lovely post Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gratefulness and happiness are so linked aren't they? - you seem to have both in spades! I think you made some of that luck happen though Lou. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As above, gratefulness & happiness are so strongly linked. Fab post Lou.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you have so much to be grateful for Lou .... and, isn't it lovely to voice it through your blog ? I think that, in our own ways, we all lead pretty wonderful lives compared with so many throughout the world ( watched Sport Relief on friday night, which really brings it home as to how lucky we all are ). I'm not always in favour of some of the 'relief' marathons, but it really does remind us that we do have such privileged lives. Enjoy all of the positives Lou and, maybe, it's not just luck but hard work that has bought many of the wonderful things in your life. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful story, I love your outlook and how grateful you are for everything

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Lou,

    I think you have the right attitude in life: you appreciate and are thankful for the good things life has given you. Something we all should do.
    Lovely post. Have a great day! Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky girl and good friend ~ love this post Lou. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Positivity & gratitude all culminate in happiness. Beautiful post - really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness - your blog is just a constant source of joy and optimism these days! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always positive... your blog is a must read for me.
    Following you from Llanes, Spain.
    Xxx
    Isabel
    http://unmomentoparamicercadeti.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am with Simone...just love it all Lou... :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful. Glad to read something so positive. I feel lucky that I found your blog - it is a constant source of inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is what every woman dreams to have in their love life. I am happy to both of you; you really seem to love each other. I must admire you both, but of course Lou you’re so lucky to have a handsome partner. He is such a good looking guy especially in his suit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lou, I've already told you once how much I appreciate your blog. I Loooove it. I would give more details, but my English isn't good enough. But I am able to follow everything you write. My husband is out of work at the moment too and I would like we could take it as you do. But we can't. First of all we need the money - both sons are studying- and it has a real impact on his soul - in his eyes he seems to be quite worthless. And to find a new job at over 50 is really a challenge in Germany. I'm happy that you seem to manage it without many problems. I wish you and your family all the best. Astrid

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails