Delicious ambiguity...?

posted on: Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Wednesday already? How did that happen? It seems that there is a direct correlation in my productivity based on whether I am in pain or not. The pain has returned this week, uninvited and unexplained. In recent weeks, after pretty intensive physio treatments, it was starting to wane and I was secretly thinking maybe this is it? Maybe my 19 month jaunt into the world of jaw ache and soreness was passing.  Maybe life could regain it's keel and I could consider a future without it. But no. So this makes me i) kinda sad, but also ii) thoughtful and finally iii) more resolute.

painted by Degas
So it's on with the Pilate's and the healthy eating. It's on with the low stress lifestyle. It's on with the positive thinking. It's continuing to unfurl the changes in my thoughts and my life that might release me from this. It's not just the pain, it's the way I feel about the pain that affects everything.

One day it will go...one day...


10 comments:

  1. Your determination is admirable for someone with chronic pain. I wish my father could be the same! Maybe he needs to start blogging ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep positive my lovely :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you know now that it CAN subside. And it will again. There is a mystery to this that hopefully will unfold one of these days.

    I know you must have exhausted everything, but have you tried a night guard? I used to have so many headaches and ground my teeth so hard my jaw ached until my dentist recommended a night guard.

    Keep your spirits up Lou...you are doing all the right things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There WILL be a light at the end of the tunnel sweetie ~ hang in there. Love that quote. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your optimism! You sound so resolute, so determined... I'm so sorry the pain has returned, but I hope your positivity does its job and gets rid of it for good soon.

    p.s. I adore that quote by Gilda - it's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lou - I feel your frustration you poor thing. I do hope you find a solution soon - thanks so much for popping in to say Hi yesterday - hope you are keen to join in with your 7 random things. L xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear of the return of the pain. I so sympathise, as I had an undiagnosed condition once for eighteen months (all doctors baffled) until one genius man got to the bottom of it and cured me. I had almost given up feeling normal ever again, but normality did return. I so hope the same for you. And I do second the reader who suggested a night guard. I had a sore jaw from grinding and that did help. Only thing is that was an annoying ache, not severe pain as you describe. But it might be worth a try if you have not investigated it already. If only the good wishes of your Dear Readers could actually work as cure, you would be dancing down the road to recovery. I so admire your stoicism, and my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that the changes you are doing would improve your life on a long term. So keep positive and keep trying your best.
    p.s. did you try tai chi? it works with me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear the pain is back. How frustrating. I'm sure you have tried everything and every type of doctor, so I don't want to throw guesses or suggestions at you - I'll just keep putting you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh honey, I am sorry to read this, ugh :( X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails