How can it be that two children who have come from the same parentage can be so very different?! My two children; one of each - a girl and a boy. In lots of ways they are the same - but their personalities are diametric opposites!
I find the whole process fascinating - how they develop and become people. I met my new nephew on Sunday and was struck how little correlation there is between that tiny little newborn and what he will become; a real thinking person. With my children, its hard to believe they were ever babies like that.
- Oh-so-complex...there's a alot of female angst - even at the age of 8.
- Needs a daily fix of reassurance.
- Conducts an elaborate falling asleep regime every night. This consists of shouting out 'I can't get to sleep' and needing to tell everyone in the house.
- Pretty as a painting; delicate and graceful. I think she is so beautiful it makes my heart ache.
- Worries about consequences.
- Worries generally.
- Astute, empathetic.
- Funny, wry, sharp-minded.
- Gymnastic-bouncing, willowy.
- What you see is what you get.
- Blonde curls - surfer boy.
- Makes decisions, sticks with it, no deviation, no regrets.
- Says he's not tired then falls asleep within 2 minutes flat.
- Cuddly and gives cuddles, snuggly, warm.
- No agenda; hidden or otherwise.
- Comedy clown - has a knack for making people laugh and smile.
- Football-kicking, rugby-ball-carrying.
- Sturdy, strong.
And so, thank you so much for all of your comments and advice from my last post. Maybe the Universe is unaligned at the moment?
We had a pyjama day yesterday, the kids and I. First day of Easter holidays - pouring rain and wind outside. We lit the fire, lolled on the sofa and watched TV all day, had porridge and sprinkles for dinner, got an early night and now, I feel abit better :-)