Be still...

posted on: Wednesday, 17 November 2010

I spent two hours today completely relaxing - having reflexology and a massage. It was divine, meditative, healing. No matter how many times I tell myself it is worth investing in 'me' time, I don't.  For all the hard-earned pennies I spend on shoes, I know I should channel into something that provides well-being. Being forced to lie still for two hours with just my thoughts was cathartic. To start with my mind was everywhere; work, home, kids, parent's evening, dresses, plans, food, money, shoes, work again. Then gradually it calmed down and it was thoughts of me, us, them. Then it was just me.

The result now is that I feel like I could sleep for a week! I am about as much use to anyone as a chocolate teapot. So with that in mind, I sign off with little else to say but - I will be back!

P.S. Got nominated...YEY! What a lovely surprise! Will you vote for my blog when the voting starts?



8 comments:

  1. LOVE this, Lou. You totally deserve it and are so right. We need to give back to ourselves like this. The healing effect is phenomenal.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful, what a lovely thing to do, good for you :)

    Went over to vote for you.....congratulation by the way! - but voting doesn't start until Saturday....I will of course be voting for you then! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoorah for the nomination! Well deserved.

    M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to stop in, as a fellow nominee, and congratulate you on your Top Blog 2010 Nomination over on The Blog Guide.

    It is a thrill to be nominated in such great company!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Louise,
    Congratulations on the nomination and I will be sure to vote for you.
    ....and, it is so important to have a little bit of 'me' time now and again.
    I used to have facials etc. when I was younger but, now I'm older and probably really need it, I don't seem to go!! Go figure !! You have motivated me to make an appointment.
    I am writing this and dodging the virus on my computer at the same time......it is so frustrating and, I could definitely do with a calming treatment now !!
    Thanks so much for your lovely comment over at mine.
    Have a lovely thursday. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lou, congratulations on the nomination :) i will definitely be voting for you!
    having 'me' time is the best isnt it. your day sounds so lovely. my mum and i have planned a nice spa day in sydney for when i get back so im reeally looking forward to it :)
    thank you also to the lovely comment on my blog :) george says thankyou for congratulating him on getting a job haha :)
    hope you had an awesome thursday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lou many congrats to you for the nomination - you have been one of my faves since the beginning and I will most definitely be voting for you!!

    Thanks so much for the reminder to be kind to ourselves. I think it is a crucial part of maintaining balance in all areas of our lives.

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need one of these days soon. I hope I get a spa certificate for Christmas. I'll never go unless someone else buys it for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails