Baby love...

posted on: Wednesday, 24 November 2010

So, did I mention I am going to be an Auntie again? My lovely sister in law N is pregnant, due in a few months. As with many things in life it's been a long road to get here and now, well let's just say we are all as pleased as punch that it's time for a new addition to the family.


Her and I just spent the evening talking about babies and birth and the whole damn miracle. A trip down memory lane for me as I realise it was ten years ago that I did all of that business for the first time. TEN YEARS? My goodness. I am not sure how I feel about this! But as for N, I am nothing but excited for her to take this step into motherhood and I hope I can be there along the way to help her out, hold her hand, make it better when it's tough (as it will be tough at times) and just revel in the joys.


To me, there is something really special about being able to observe someone I love go through this process now, when I am so far 'out the other side'. The baby stage was hard for me, as I have blogged about before and I have to admit I kinda want to have a chance again to enjoy being with a baby. I really hope I get that opportunity without quite so much of the angst I had with my own.

...Gisele...how is it possible to be this beautiful?
...'yey' for mothers...
...love the bump...
...baby love...
I have said before motherhood is a marathon not a sprint; the pregnancy/baby stage is just one section of an enormous complex route. But that stage is just so special, especially for the first time when everything is so fresh and new. I wish her all the luck in the world...

Love Auntie Lou xxx

10 comments:

  1. aww how sweet. Congrats to your sister-in-law. I definitely want to be a mother too one day. =)

    Melanie's Randomness

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful. i wish her a massive congratulations and all the best luck too. and hope its a happy and healthy pregnancy. And if she has a girl, tell her to call her sophie haha.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Louise, it was 31 years ago when I had my first !!....and, I am to be a grandmother in April...Yay !!
    It is indeed a beautiful thing but, a you say, there are often difficult times for some. I was very lucky to have had very good babies and, I really can't remember anything too traumatic. I wish your S-I-L a wonderful birth and many, many, happy times ahead with her new baby. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the entire family. This is such a beautiful news ... I remember the excitement with my first pregnanzy and for me being pregnant was such a joy (well besides the last 2-3 weeks).

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful post to that little loved *sweet pea* {love that sticker on that beautiful tummy}....

    yes to enjoy the moments you were too busy/tired/overwhelmed to enjoyt the first time....

    i left australia when my brothers second little girl was a month old...i have missed seeing little Rosie grow up...but she will be here next april for my Audreys 6th birthday...& we will be very special princess's together celebrating that wedding...she can't wait-bless her!!

    melissa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I just stumbled across your blog and think it's absolutely lovely. So cute :) Congrats to your sister in law.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Louise,
    hmmmm, down memory lane... yep for me too it's been 11 years ago... how time flies... great that you have such a wonderful relationship with your sister in law... and can share her excitement too! Happy pregnancy for her and a little for you too!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely, what a gorgeous post, love the images...especially that last one of that precious new little baby :)

    We only have brothers and none of them have children so I have no nephews and nieces.....so unfair, I know I'd be such a good aunt!! I'd love it :)

    A new baby is always such good news xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet post. My sisters and I were all pregnant at the same time during my last one, but I was on my own for my first. How wonderful to have sisters and friends who have been through it before to help guide the way. I felt so thankful to meet a group of new moms shortly after having my first...I honestly don't know what I would've done without them.

    Happy for you, and happy for your sis that she has people in her life who have gone before her...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Babies bring so much love to the world. enjoy being an Aunty, hope you get to see much of this baby. I do distinctly remember the love from everyone in my family when all three of my babies were born, but was particularly bowled over the first time! The look on everyones face as they held and cooed over my newborn baby..Precious. I wish your sister in law all the best..Lisex

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails