Beautiful things...

posted on: Friday, 17 September 2010

Friday I'm in love. It's one of those crisp days; sunny and cold. I had a good day at work yesterday, lovely chats with my friend N, helping to pass the day and some nice professional feedback that always makes everything seem better. Planning for my husband's 40th birthday party in a few weeks, so my thoughts turn to dresses and shoes...I just can't help myself.

The obligatory Friday night curry tonight, a party tomorrow, family Sunday roast the day after. I love Autumnal weekends...




'Interior, Strandgade 30' painted by Danish artist Vilhelm Hammershøi in 1901.


by Chris Nichols


Yep, still want one...the Eames rocker...



I love this dress by Voy...I have one in black already and this colour is now calling my name..."Lou...Lou...buy me..."


Autumnal wedding...the umbrellas, the boots, the little wrap cardigan, the leaves underfoot - all just wonderfully gorgeous.

by Braedon Photography

Gisele


I'm also rather partial to this dress from Plumo...ohhh the lure of the new season!


Family Jamie Oliver...yesterday with the birth of Buddy...don't they all look lovely? And Jools; she's abit of an unsung hero I suspect, Mummy to four, Poppy Honey, Daisy Boo and Petal Blossom along with the new addition of a BOY!


Hands down, stop the clock, my fave dress from New York Fashion Week...Carolina Herrera...just inspired.

via The Bottom of the Ironing Basket


Layering done to perfection! I just love her whole look.

via The Sartorialist

I would like to climb into this bed, pull the curtain across and snuggle...

fabric by Vanessa Arbuthnott



More white wood, bleached Danish-style prettiness...




Russian Vogue


Ellen Page...with bicycle...love this shot.



Happy weekend...Friday time now :-)

14 comments:

  1. Lovely collection as usual, Lou. Hope you have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello lovely....what a beautiful list of images...
    that autumnal wedding is divine....and the oliver family are yes...just gorgeous.....

    enjoy the 40th preps- what a party!

    melissa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunday roast! Hmmmm can't wait! Today is gorgeous!!! Good to be back in blog mode. Gonna come visit much more often now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous! It's hard to pick my favorites, though I do love the white lace dress, the Carolina Herrera, and the autumn wedding, that looks so British! Enjoy your lovely weekend, dear Lou! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you found some FAB photos today. Love them all. Congrats to Jamie, at last a boy for him! I'd love an Eames rocker too, especially in that cream colour. Enjoy your weekend. Hope the sun shines like it is here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gorgeous Girl!!

    An especially beautiful Friday post from you....I love it :)

    I love Jools Oliver, think she's just marvellous. They seem very together but it must be hard having Jamie away so much. She seems like a wonderful mummy, her girls are gorgeous and I am so happy they have a little boy. A little boy who is going to be SO loved by all those girls!!

    The Carolina Herrera dress is amazing isn't it.....I loved her collection at NYC Fashion Week....every dress is so gorgeous and so elegant....dresses that can actually be worn.

    I hear you about items calling your name....I just got home from shopping....eek! Two pairs of boots (that makes 3 this week) and 1 pair of shoes were just yelling my name....plus a bunch of other bits and pieces :) I am working through the pain of separation...that's my theory anyway!!

    Your week-end sounds wonderful....I love autumn/winter so the chill in the air last night actually made me happy.

    By the way, I love the Danish paintings you post every now and then....I know nothing about Danish painters but I really like their style.

    Gisele looks A-MAZ-ING in that photo....now THAT'S how I want my hair, I think I am going to grow it longer again :)

    Happy Week-end my friend.....mwah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love the dress with tights & boots and this dress on the lady with a bicycle :) Wow, a new baby (and a boy!) for Jaime & Jools...such happy news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree about that dress - most definitely my fave as well! Gorgeous pictures as always. Enjoy a wonderful Fall weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Louise your weekend sounds lovely! Loving all the beautiful photos.

    thanks for your lovely comments :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous pics! have a fantastic weekend.
    xx anna jane
    http://seejaneworkplaylive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Lou, there are some lovely things here but I particularly like the Vilhelm Hammershøi painting. I've not seen his work before.

    Your weekend sounds wonderful and it's making me hungry! Have a great one xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh where do I start....okay the first one, adore the red hair..on the red side myself so a bit biased.

    Just love the happy snap of Jamie and Jools and fam, I agree she is a real trooper that one.

    The Carolina Herrera dress is AMAZING!!

    Love the pic by Scott, I saw a pic of her without the jacket, such a cute look.

    Have a great weekend,
    xxx DJ
    ps love the wedding pic, she is so gorgeous in her cardi wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful collection of images to enjoy this sunny, crisp Autumn Saturday... you always know just what to share to inspire and for us to enjoy... I want to be the girl in the lace dress, to pick up some lavender and to borrow that lovely girl's bike :)

    I hope you enjoy all that this weekend brings -- thank you for your continued words and inspiration.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I hope you had a wonderful Friday! I have been close to you, again, last week: Monday to Tuesday in Bognor Regis for a blogger event and yesterday in Goodwood for the GW Revival. I think I'll never again drive through the beautiful countryside anywhere round there without thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails