The test...

posted on: Monday, 29 March 2010


For the last few days - well since late last week - I have been feeling slightly odd. Out of sorts. Can't put my finger on why, it feels like I have a test coming and I am nervous about it, and I haven't revised. But there is no such test that I can think of, coming in my life. Its all very odd.

So I am going to try and take heed of the 'be calm' sentiment (love this print by Louise Bourgeois) and think of soothing things and see if this one passes...please pass...

My heart feels abit like this...

Need raindrops on roses...

...and whiskers on kittens...


'Brother and Sister' by Jessie Wilcox Smith. My mum sent this postcard to me when I was 10 years old and was away on my first ever week-away school trip. It soothes me to look at it; I have one older brother and he has always looked after me, so to me, this is P and I...


In true British form...



Pretty vintage teacups...



And somehow get to my happy place...


10 comments:

  1. Oh honey......I hope you are okay?

    Deep breaths, some extra sleep, a nice cup of tea, distract yourself with a lovely film....and chocolate.....

    I know it's school hols but can you still escape for a run, I know you wrote about how good that makes you feel....

    I really like the "Brother and Sister" picture, that is lovely.

    Take care xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that "something" is a really good thing....you are just feeling a shift of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope this strange mood passes quickly. Sounds a bit like how I feel every autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is here....summer on the way....
    hang in there !

    ReplyDelete
  5. uuum how familiar those feelings are

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it's just spring in the air. Love the wonderful images. I hope they have the same positive impact on you that they did on me...I feel all calm and collected.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are lovely images. i feel like something is slightly off with the universe lately; hope you feel better soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always strange when you feel like that for no reason - I do know the feeling. Stay calm and wait for it to wash away. Sometimes nervous energy can turn out to be a good thing! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes when I get these kinds of feelings, I often wonder if it is my intuition trying to tell me something. In retrospect, sometimes it was, other times the feeling just passed and I completely forgot about having felt that way only a short while earlier. Funny thing!

    The pictures you posted are lovely. I like all of them. The card was so sweet. And your happy place could easily have been mine too. I'd be totally content staying on that incredible beach for days on end. It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh dear friend! i have been out of the loop! i hate to hear that you feel out of sorts! i am hoping that you are feeling much better by now! if not, let me know! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails