Personally, I blame Zooey Deschanel...

posted on: Sunday, 28 March 2010




It all started when watching '500 Days of Summer' a while back, when I decided that Zooey Deschanel had cool hair. She had a proper fringe (or 'bangs' if we consider she is American). That was months ago and yesterday I went to the hairdresser and had the very same proper fringe cut into my hair. I sported this look in my 20's...so I now have that rather freakish sensation of having 20something hair and a 30something face...hmmm

So the verdict on the Zooey do - female responses have been good. I personally am liking it. My husband however, as arguably the most important male contingent thinks its quite a 'severe look'. Double hmmmm.

Will now dwell on some Zooey pictures and try to decide if I did the right thing...afterall what does he know?!


9 comments:

  1. I loved Zooey's whole look in 500 Days ... wish I could have a proper fringe but my hair is too unco-operative. I'm sure yours looks lovely though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will grow on him! Stay with it...there are all sorts of looks you can create. The photos in your post are perfect! I like the way her hair falls in the white dress photo...maybe a sweep to the side the way she has it would do the trick for him....good on you for trying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have often had a fringe at different ages in my life but my hair grows so quickly it needs trimming too often so I don't bother now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zooey is gorgeous, and I do love bangs/fringe whatever. I've worn bangs off and on for years and I think they can look soft and pretty or severe, depending on face shape, coloring etc. Actually, I'm growing mine out for summer...but who knows how long that will last!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a very cute and charming movie, I loved the guy in it!

    I don't suit a fringe at all....but sort of wish I did sometimes :)

    I am sure you look gorgeous!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that movie is one I haven't seen. I guess I ought to see it, looks fun.

    About hair, I think it's great when women play around a little with their hairstyles. If in doubt whether it was the right thing to do or not, it grows out again pretty quickly. I should know, having lost it all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think she is the cutest thing that has ever market the Hollywood hall of fame. She is so adorable and that hair!...

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love zooey! i have a total girl-crush on her (and her fringe/bangs). have you listened to her music (she & him)? it's equally delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm new to your site, but I just wanted to say it is gorgeous.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails